Home Maintenance Checklist
Owning and caring for a home is a big responsibility, but the right repair tools and maintenance tips allow for easy living. Smoothly navigate your home’s seasonal upkeep with our home maintenance checklist and expert advice.
Home Maintenance Basics
Monthly Home Improvements
Inspecting your home and completing monthly home improvement projects will keep your maintenance schedule on track and easier to manage. A comprehensive monthly home improvement checklist is easy to implement, both in terms of time and money. Here is a list of basic monthly home improvements:
- Clean the furnace filter to remove dust build-ups, make it easier to regulate your home’s temperature, and ultimately decrease utility bills.
- Check the water softener and replenish salt if necessary.
- Clean faucet aerators and showerheads to remove mineral deposits.
- Inspect tub and sink drains for debris; unclog.
Seasonal Home Improvement: Spring Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect roofing for missing, loose, or damaged shingles and leaks.
- Change the air-conditioner filter.
- Clean window and door screens.
- Polish wood furniture, and dust light fixtures.
- Refinish the deck.
- Power-wash windows and siding.
- Remove leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts.
- Replace the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Have a professional inspect and pump the septic tank.
- Inspect sink, shower, and bath caulking for deterioration.
- Vacuum lint from dryer vent.
Spring Forward into a Clean, Safe & Happy Home!! The RVA Group Realty
Search all RVA homes here: https://www.thervagroup.
Original Article: https://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/advice/home-maintenance-checklist/